zaterdag 24 maart 2012

Saint-Chick-of-the-Collar

Chick with her new collar
I wanted to show Chick and Chucky's new accessories: cat collars. 'These not only have hollow tubes with address information in case they get lost, but also - and this is what it's all about - a bell.

Now that spring has arrived, the hunting season for birds is really open. I know it is in a cat's nature to catch birds and mice and anything else that is small enough and moves. I admit that I don't mind the mice or the wet plastic bags that Chick fishes out of the water. But I hate it that they catch birds. 

And now they are wearing collars. They hate it, of course. Chick especially is really good at losing hers, but I have a  fair supply of them. If she comes back home naked, I she gets a brand new model. And I must say, she bears it with the dignity of a Drama Queen. I even think she looks a bit Saintly. 

Ah well. We all have our cross to bear...
Immaculate Conception of Soult - Bartolome Esteban Murillo

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten